This look is a recreation of one of Rob Bazylewicz's oil paintings.
lead Guitarist for Death Metal band Flood This Earth
Molten 2 the painting that inspired me. Below are links to the band if you're interested.
Flood This Earth
I started to sketch out the basic shapes to see where I wanted everything. I didn't get to far with the sketch; for me things like this are just faster to paint. It wasn't really a look that needed to be sketched out before hand.
- Kat Von D- Tattoo Liner in Trooper and InnerStellar Palette (Killing Moon)
- Urban Decay- Primer Potion, Shadow in Haight, Electric Palette (Gonzo, Chaos, and Slow Burn), and Shadow Box Palette (Blackout).
- Sugar Pill- Burning Heart Palette(Flamepoint, Love+, and Buttercupcake )
- NYX- Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk and Black Bean
- Bh Cosmetiscs- Eyes on the '80s Eyeshadow Palette (Red and Orange)
- Graftobian Pro Paint- in White Swan.
- Wolfe Faceart FX- Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Sea Green, Blue
I started out covering my eyebrows and I drew in the basic shapes of the design with a white eyeliner. I blocked in the general colors with body paint. At this point I felt like Iron Man. lol The next step was to take the eye shadows and start blending the yellow into the red.
I went back to the body paints. Basically I added lots and lots of little lines to create dimension and give it the feel of being a painting. I went back and forth between eye shadow and paint, adding all the little details, trying to achieve the painting style I was going for.
I couldn't be happier with the way this look turned out. The colors ended up so vivid. I love it! Thanks for taking the time to read this post. Hope you guys have a great day!
You can find Sherries Customs on...