Friday, October 16, 2015

Lady Stoneheart Makeup


Lady Stoneheart Makeup. If I'm being totally honest I had no idea who this was when I was asked to create her for a friends Halloween makeup. We only have Internet for TV,  which means just Netflix and Youtube. No Game of Thrones for me. (sad face)



Products Used
  • Bh Cosmetiscs 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette 1st Edition
  • Kat Von D- Tattoo Liner in Trooper and InnerStellar Palette
  • Urban Decay- Primer Potion and Naked 2 Palette
  • Sugar Pill- Burning Heart Palette
  • Mehron Paradise Paint in Black
  • Graftobian Pro Paint in White Swan
  • Wolfe Faceart FX- Essentials Hydrocolor 12 color palette


The transformation pictures for this look are pretty crazy for me to look at, it's basically just an old age makeup with cuts. I've never done an old age makeup before, which means I've never seen myself like this. It's a little strange. haha

 Anyway lets get to it! I covered my face in white face paint. I placed some blue eye shadow in the places I wanted to add a little more color.  I went back over everything with a light coat of white face paint. The white doesn't totally cover everything it just lightens and blends the colors. You guys know I love this technique and use it all the time! I took brown shadow and started to go in and define certain areas of the face.


I started to create lines and wrinkles with the brown shadow. To create depth added brown shadow,  blended that in, added white body paint to highlight, blended that in, and just kept going back and fourth like that until I looked old and wrinkly enough.


You can really see the building of colors in the last two photos above.  I added some red shadow around the eyes as well. The last photo above is the creepiest for me. It's so intense.


I started to darken everything up; adding black shadow around the eyes, the eyebrows, under lined the lips, and started to sketch in the scratches and neck slit with purple eye shadow.


These photos are just the progression of the scratches and the slit in the throat. Once the shape I wanted was created with the purple eye shadow. It was time to add dimension with purple and white paint. The purple paint was darker and helped give a little vibrancy to everything. I also added shadows to the ripped parts of the skin. When I stepped back and looked at it I thought everything was just a little too purple.  I fixed that by adding a little black paint until I achieved the look I wanted.




Back to me not watching Game of Thrones or reading the books, I needed to know who Lady Stoneheart was and what she looked like.  I went to the lovely internet and started digging, which I love to do.  The more I know about what I'm creating the better I can create it.                                               What I found helped me instantly visualize her character. Here was an excerpt from A Storm of Swords by author George R. R. Martin that helped the most... 

"...The outlaws parted as she came forward, saying no word. When she lowered her hood, something tightened inside Merrett's chest, and for a moment he could not breathe. No. No, I saw her die. She was dead for a day and night before they stripped her naked and threw her body in the river. Raymund opened her throat from ear to ear. She was dead.

Her cloak and collar hid the gash his brother's blade had made, but her face was even worse than he remembered. The flesh had gone pudding soft in the water and turned the color of curdled milk. Half her hair was gone and the rest had turned as white and brittle as a crone's. Beneath her ravaged scalp, her face was shredded skin and black blood where she had raked herself with her nails. But her eyes were the most terrible thing. Her eyes saw him, and they hated.

"She don't speak," said the big man in the yellow cloak. "You bloody bastards cut her throat too deep for that. But she remembers...."




Thank you for stopping by!  You can find Sherries Customs on...


No comments:

Post a Comment